Monday, September 30th, 2019
9am – 2pm
UNIVERSITY OF CYPRUS
New University Campus, Aglantzia (Athalassa area)
Room 010, Social Facilities Centre 07 (SFC07)
Some information about the event:
This event will be organized within our EU funded project “IDEA: Innovative Direction in Energy Advising”.
The event will be held on the 30th of September at the University of Cyprus, in order to present the results produced. The project aims at decreasing Energy Poverty by raising awareness of European citizens on the rising issue of energy poverty, by developing a high-quality educational approach and by developing 15 innovative ICT tools to be used in education on energy poverty.
Beyond the project results, talks will be hosted regarding the energy poverty issue in Cyprus, opportunities for funding and aid in regards to energy consumption in households and presentations of relevant projects.
Coffee breaks for networking and lunch will be provided during the event.
Participation is free.
Please note that the event language is English.
For registration please fill in the registration form by the 15th of September the latest, by clicking this link or at the “Register!” tab.
Please note that a first version of the schedule will be available soon.
What is IDEA Project
IDEA (Innovative Direction in Energy Advising):
AN ENERGY AWARENESS EDUCATIONAL PLATFORM TO DECREASE ENERGY POVERTY
Energy poverty, in general terms, represents the inability of a household to secure adequate amounts of energy in the home – allowing it to keep living spaces adequately warm (or cool during hot days) and well lit, to have access to a needed range of energy services, and to be able to afford a sufficient amount of energy for everyday requirements.
A major barrier preventing a change in the current energy consumption habits is the lack of education and knowledge.
- Raise awareness of European citizens on the rising issue of energy poverty
- To improve the quality of practices in the education of adults on the challenges and opportunities related to energy poverty eradication by identifying the existing practices and methods and build on them.
- To develop a high-quality educational approach which will be able to address both technical and social sides of the problem and also highlight the entrepreneurship possibilities in the area of energy advising meaning help the unemployed to identify energy advising as an opportunity for them to find new job opportunities
- To establish a firm and competent international network of energy advisors active in energy-poor households, where personal advising has proven to be the best way to disseminate information and increase knowledge level. Curriculum for training will be developed, enabling the trainees to act as energy advisors to the energy poor.
- Encourage the creation of a network of relevant stakeholders involved in educating citizens on energy poverty and energy advising
- Reinforce skills of CSOs and other stakeholders involved or interested in adult education on energy poverty
- To develop 15 innovative ICT tools to be used in education on energy poverty.
|09.40-10.10||IDEA Project: Overview, Partners, Aims, Results
– Stakeholders and Survey Results
UCY – Mr. Alexandros Yeratziotis
|10.10-11.10||IDEA Project Results
– The IDEA Toolkit: 15 innovative ICT Tools for Energy Poverty
UCY – Mr. Christos Mettouris, Mrs. Evangelia Vanezi
|11.35-12.00||Energy Performance of Buildings
Mr. Nikos Hadjinikolaou
Energy Service, Ministry of Energy, Commerce, and Industry
|12.00-12.15||Mrs. Maria Achilleos
Cyprus Energy Agency
|12.15-12.40||“European Energy Poverty: Agenda Co-creation and Knowledge Innovation (ENGAGER 2017-2021)”
Mrs. Ioanna Kyprianou
EEWRC, The Cyprus Institute
|12.40-13.05||“Introducing Power Energy Cyprus”
Mr. George Chrysochos
Power Energy Cyprus
|13.05-13.30||Solutions to Tackle Energy Poverty (STEP)
Mr. Stamatis Rossides
Cyprus Consumers Association
|13.30-14.00||Lunch & Networking|
SEIT Lab team, CS Department, UCY